<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.rainydaystitches.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Angelarae Knits: My Latest Design

Angelarae Knits

...and Crochets

My Photo
Name:
Location: Raleigh, NC, United States

Hello! Welcome to my Blog! I live and enjoy the fibery crafts here, in Raleigh, NC with my husband and 5 children! I love to share patterns, tips, and recipes along with my spinning from time to time. I hope you'll enjoy your time here and stick around a bit!

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

My Latest Design

I love this time of year. The weather is cooling down, the leaves are starting to turn, the Halloween decorations and pumpkins are all out at the local stores and I start to think about making sweaters and hats and other cold weather items for my family. This year, it is I who need a sweater. I really want to crochet one. My idea is to make a drapey ripple cardigan for myself.

I already have most of the yarn I'll need in my stash. I'll be using Red Heart Super Saver, since I need it to be washable and I'll use a J hook because I want it to have drape.
There are so many factors to consider:
What colors will I use...
What pattern will I use...
Will I start with a foundation double crochet, or will a chain be sufficient?
These are the colors I settled on, and, possibly, the pattern....
A ripple cardi would be fun, not to mention, ambitious, as I have never made one before.
These colors are, from top to bottom, Medium Thyme, Soft White, and Buff.
Who knew there were so many ways to make a ripple? Deciding which one to use has been challenging...lots of swatches. The pattern in this photo is drapey, but that is hindered somewhat by the rows of single crochet (white). I think I will try that section using half doubles and see if it makes a difference. I considered, also, working stitches in back loops only to give a ridged affect...what are your thoughts?

1 Comments:

Blogger punkychewster said...

ooh i love that ripple effect!! i took a knitting class once long time ago, and i made a triangular drape shawl at the end of it. i'm wondering, you should make a pattern of a triangular shawl but with rippled edges. wouldn't that be cool??? i would totally love that!

but of course, i've completely forgotten how to knit.

thanks for your help on kickball, never played that! but definitely favorite dodgeball!! ooh that was one EVIL game hahahah

8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home