<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.rainydaystitches.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Angelarae Knits: Accepted

Angelarae Knits

...and Crochets

My Photo
Name:
Location: Raleigh, NC, United States

Hello! Welcome to my Blog! I live and enjoy the fibery crafts here, in Raleigh, NC with my husband and 5 children! I love to share patterns, tips, and recipes along with my spinning from time to time. I hope you'll enjoy your time here and stick around a bit!

Thursday, July 07, 2011

Accepted


I received an email Tuesday from Stacey at Knit Picks. They have accepted the Ornamental sock pattern for their IDP program! I couldn't be more thrilled. I have 3 wonderful ladies test knitting the sock right now, and I will hopefully be receiving yarn support very soon. I had already written this pattern from notes, but, it turns out there are plenty of issues that need correcting. Test knitting has already proven itself to be invaluable. I spent yesterday and this morning casting on the large sock from my pattern and knitting the heel turn and gusset. I have made some modifications, too. My original pattern included extra stitches that, in retrospect, I may not need. So I reworked the heel (for the size lg. only) and I think I like it some better. For now, it's looking like we'll need one chart for the front and one chart for the back of the leg, but maybe not. We'll see.
I also have another pattern I am working on for the fall, a neck warmer, another sock pattern, a hat pattern, and an idea for a crocheted neck warmer....I could go on, but why? Looks like I have my work cut out for me!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Sarah H. said...

Love the colors there, Angie!

2:58 PM  
Blogger punkychewster said...

Congrats! your hard work has paid off! i hope it all works out!!

10:33 PM  
Blogger elizabeth said...

Congratulations! That's wonderful! A woman I work with's daughter is a designer for Knit Picks and she's done quite well!

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home