<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.rainydaystitches.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Angelarae Knits: New Scarf

Angelarae Knits

...and Crochets

My Photo
Name:
Location: Raleigh, NC, United States

Hello! Welcome to my Blog! I live and enjoy the fibery crafts here, in Raleigh, NC with my husband and 5 children! I love to share patterns, tips, and recipes along with my spinning from time to time. I hope you'll enjoy your time here and stick around a bit!

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

New Scarf


Well, I have cast on my first hand spun knitting project, an Estonian scarf. It only has 32 stitches. Do you think that is too much? Let's hope not. I intend to knit in pattern as long as I can until I have to stop. I also will need to knit the other edging and graft it to the opposite end of the scarf, as it is knit from the bottom up. This pattern is called Kahekordne Hagakiri or Double Twig, from 'Knitted Lace of Estonia' by Nancy Bush. So many wonderful patterns in this book. If you love knitting lace, it is a must-have. There are stitch patterns and edgings in the back of the book intended for using to create patterns, so that's what I am doing here. I think it will work out nicely:)

Now, regarding the socks, I am making progress here, too. I now have a list of modification suggestions from my test knitters, and are waiting from anything else they may come up with. I spent a little time working out the numbers for an alternate heel for the large size. It comes out lumpy, as is. Still plenty of work to do.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooo.... spindle-spun lace scarf ! Too wonderful to grasp. 32 stitches ought to be perfect, and if it's too short, well then it's so mod to bring together in a pin these days, or a button. I can't wait to see this, and the colors are exquisite ! You have inspired me to spin something on my ol' spindle.

9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home