<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.rainydaystitches.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Angelarae Knits: Sockupied

Angelarae Knits

...and Crochets

My Photo
Name:
Location: Raleigh, NC, United States

Hello! Welcome to my Blog! I live and enjoy the fibery crafts here, in Raleigh, NC with my husband and 5 children! I love to share patterns, tips, and recipes along with my spinning from time to time. I hope you'll enjoy your time here and stick around a bit!

Monday, July 11, 2011

Sockupied

That's me...up to my ears in socks. But, I'm having a blast:) Things continue to work out well with the sock knitters, and I feel great about that, but haven't heard back from Knit Picks that they are happy with the estimated completion date.
Meanwhile....I did squeeze in a liiiiiitle time for this....














Which turned into this.....















Which, I promise you, will turn into a nifty little project that requires less than 125 yards. This is laceweight (for the most part) singles. I measured the yardage by measuring the circumference of the back of one of my ladder back chairs, 32 inches. Then, I unwound the spindle around said chair, counting the 'wraps' as I went. I got 140 wraps + a little more. 140 multiplied by 32 equals 4480 inches, divided by 36 is 125 yards. So, I have 125 yards of lace singles. I think I can make a nice little lace scarflette out of it, too. In fact, I plan to make a couple more hand spun projects for my other two sample batts. I'll be sharing those as well.
In the meantime, back to the socks.....

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely... very summery . I am looking forward to following your blog in the spinning and knitting.

9:38 AM  
Blogger Angela said...

Thanks, Yarnings! I visited your blog, too! Thanks for stopping by!
Ang

10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home