<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.rainydaystitches.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Angelarae Knits: Retrospect

Angelarae Knits

...and Crochets

My Photo
Name:
Location: Raleigh, NC, United States

Hello! Welcome to my Blog! I live and enjoy the fibery crafts here, in Raleigh, NC with my husband and 5 children! I love to share patterns, tips, and recipes along with my spinning from time to time. I hope you'll enjoy your time here and stick around a bit!

Friday, July 22, 2011

Retrospect




It's funny how things change in life, but never as you'd expect. Or, rather, you do not feel about them the way you thought you would. Do you know what I mean? I have had this little blog since 2005. That's five, almost six, years. If you go back and read some of those early posts, it's clear, I was a different person then. I remember the struggles I had, they were much worse. My husband has a brain injury, and at the time, 2005-2006, I was just coming to that realization, and, honestly, living a private hell that I would not wish on anyone. Yet, my writing was much better then than it is now. I seemed to be having much more fun blogging than I do now. I've come a long way since then. We have come to accept Hal's injury and deal with it realistically, our life is much more sane and ordered. I am actually beginning a career I have always wanted but did not seem to have the resolve or energy to carry out. Three of my five children have moved on. It is just the four of us now, and much less stressful, though I won't pretend that there is no stress. We have our times, just like anyone. I have learned not to freak out every time there's a flat tire, or a problem that must be overcome. We all have them. Let's deal with it as best we can and keep moving forward. We are beginning to improve our living situation by painting and repairing our home. Families in crisis generally don't do this...they have the energy to eat, sleep, and maybe watch television. That's it. So, I know we are recovering. Finally. Of course, God has had everything to do with this. I just had to be still enough to listen. He helped me to figure out much of our crazy behavior and a few other things, too. But I won't go into those right now. God Is Love. That's all I know. "In the multitude of my thoughts within me, thy comforts delight my soul." Psalm 94:19. Many people, friends, were with me along the way, and I feel badly that I let them go along the wayside as I moved through my recovery to sanity. But I did not forget them. I just didn't have the energy to worry about another thing. That's all.
So, I've come a long way. And I guess I just have to get used to the fact that life is now what I've always wished for...normal...not perfect, mind you. Just normal.

1 Comments:

Blogger punkychewster said...

and also there are two sides to every situation : the good and the bad. always choose to look from the brighter perspective and life does seem much easier!

and CHANGE is GOOD!

have a really good weekend with your family! :)

10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home