<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.rainydaystitches.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Angelarae Knits: Putting It Together

Angelarae Knits

...and Crochets

My Photo
Name:
Location: Raleigh, NC, United States

Hello! Welcome to my Blog! I live and enjoy the fibery crafts here, in Raleigh, NC with my husband and 5 children! I love to share patterns, tips, and recipes along with my spinning from time to time. I hope you'll enjoy your time here and stick around a bit!

Friday, February 24, 2012

Putting It Together

For my Pinterest Challenge, I have been working on the squircle squares, as promised.   The appeal of this Pin, for me, was the decorative edging.  It's called a 'flat braid join' and is achieved by crocheting all the needed squares, or squircles, in this case, and joining them at the same time the edging is applied.  There are a couple of rough You Tube video tutorials that gave me a vague idea of how to accomplish this join. I am happy with the actual join, but am working on the best way to continue adding squares and edging. It is a work in progress, still...


I really like the colors and Emma went into my 'yarn trunk' and pulled out a few more. So I guess whatever this project becomes, will be  hers. No surprise!:0)

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger hakucho said...

Looks like a great project for odds and end of yarn :)

6:26 PM  
Blogger punkychewster said...

yay! this looks like it's going to be a REALLY colorful afghan blanket!

8:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the colors. And I agree with hakucho, it's a great way to use up odds and ends.

9:09 AM  
Blogger hooksandyarns said...

They're looking really nice. On the right sidebar of my blog, there is a link to the tutorial on Youtube that explains the joining method. It's not mine, but I enjoy this method the best. :)

12:27 PM  
Blogger Lizzie Barbie said...

They are beautiful. I love granny squares.

12:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home