<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.rainydaystitches.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Angelarae Knits: Simple Shapes Can Mean Elegant Design

Angelarae Knits

...and Crochets

My Photo
Name:
Location: Raleigh, NC, United States

Hello! Welcome to my Blog! I live and enjoy the fibery crafts here, in Raleigh, NC with my husband and 5 children! I love to share patterns, tips, and recipes along with my spinning from time to time. I hope you'll enjoy your time here and stick around a bit!

Thursday, February 09, 2012

Simple Shapes Can Mean Elegant Design

Here is my progress on Simple Crochet Shrug.  I have to tell you; despite complaints I've heard about the difficulties in working with Homespun and the snide remarks regarding 'plastic' yarns, I am enjoying this project immensely. Truly, it is nothing more than a rectangle, seamed at the sides. But the finished project is very pretty, indeed, and I intend to embellish with a large, artsy-fartsy button.  The colorway for this project is 'Prarie' and I love it.  Looking on Ravelry, I can see that Homespun is in 20,632 stashes and used in 29,653 projects.  'Nuf said.  Here are some other projects that are simple rectangles.  The next one is a pattern I have seen in several shops, using Plymouth Yarns Alpaca Grande.  It looks circular in nature, but is also a rectangle, seamed at the sides: Knit 2, Purl 2 rib for so many inches, K1, P1 rib, and then back to knit 2, purl 2 rib.  Seam at the sides leaving maybe 7 inches or so for the armholes, and done.
Right? I haven't seen the pattern. I am guessing.



Simple, yet elegant. And the same look can be accomplished in either knit or crochet. But what about both knit and crochet? Check this one out!
Source: etsy.com via Angela on Pinterest                                                                                                         
I just love to see projects using both knitting and crochet. This one is so lovely. Now I am pretty sure this is a seamed, embellished rectangle. But, I am only eyeballing this. I haven't seen the pattern. This is from Berniolies Designs on Etsy. Check out her shop.  She has some beautiful patterns. I believe this one is $5.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That second one is stunning! Such a pretty color and the drape is perfect.

I can't wait to see your artsy fartsy buttons on your FO :-)

9:15 AM  
Blogger Angela said...

Thanks, Del! I think I'll look at Etsy!

9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home