<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.rainydaystitches.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Angelarae Knits: Mitts For Mom

Angelarae Knits

...and Crochets

My Photo
Name:
Location: Raleigh, NC, United States

Hello! Welcome to my Blog! I live and enjoy the fibery crafts here, in Raleigh, NC with my husband and 5 children! I love to share patterns, tips, and recipes along with my spinning from time to time. I hope you'll enjoy your time here and stick around a bit!

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Mitts For Mom

These are my Mom's Birthday present this year, and I think they came out pretty well. They are Fast and Easy Fingerless Mitts by Lisa Beamer. These are the two needle version. I made a few pairs last year and the recipients loved them, so this will be a go-to again this year. She has a in-the-round version, as well. I think they look particularly nice in this heathered wool, Paton's Classic, and any tweed or hand dyed yarn would look extra nice as well. I found the pattern to be a little on the small side, so I added a few stitches (+4) to make them a size medium. Her pattern is written in stockinette stitch, but, of course, I had to complicate it. This is Moss Stitch. It's a very simple two row repeat. The setup row is k1, p1 across. (RS) On the WS, for all subsequent WS rows, knit the knits and purl the purls and for all RS rows, knit the purls and purl the knits. So simple, but so pretty, especially in the heathered/tweed yarns. They add a little extra depth, I think.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty! I keep wanting to knit some fingerless mitts - this looks like a great pattern.

9:35 AM  
Blogger punkychewster said...

i agree! it is also a very pretty color! i love the different shades of purple. I once took a class and knitted a triangular shawl with wool of the same shade. Alas, i've forgotten all my knitting :(

Merry Christmas Angela! I hope you had a great time with your loved ones!

10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home