<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.rainydaystitches.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Angelarae Knits: Not Necessarily Yarn

Angelarae Knits

...and Crochets

My Photo
Name:
Location: Raleigh, NC, United States

Hello! Welcome to my Blog! I live and enjoy the fibery crafts here, in Raleigh, NC with my husband and 5 children! I love to share patterns, tips, and recipes along with my spinning from time to time. I hope you'll enjoy your time here and stick around a bit!

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Not Necessarily Yarn

I had a busy day today, which included grocery shopping.  I have lately been making an effort to eliminate the bad kinds of fat from my diet, trying to stick with olive oil, real butter, and avocado oil. So, when I tried to find a mayo that didn't have canola or soybean oil, I had a difficult time.  Even the olive oil mayo's had canola or soybean oils in them.  So, I decided to make my own.  I found a good recipe here.  Thanks, Alton.  And, I am happy with the results.  Looks like actual mayonnaise, doesn't it?
The recipe calls for safflower or corn oil, but I used olive, instead, and it tastes fine. 
I plan to make ranch dressing with the majority of this, and save the rest for sandwiches.  At least this way, I know exactly what is in it.  No names of products I cannot pronounce and have no idea what they






Here is the yarn for my Bucket List Project, mostly Super Saver solids. The white is called Soft White. I prefer it to bright white.














And here's my first Squircle, which looked deceptively small in the project photos.  But, actually, mine measures 6" x 6", and that's going down two hook sizes to a US size H8.  I like them, though. Not sure what I am going to make with them.  Any suggestions?














Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger hakucho said...

I bet your mayo is delicious. I'm afraid to use the raw eggs...don't have access to fresh from the farm eggs. Your square is very pretty. Maybe you could make a pillow or cushion cover?

happy crocheting :)

5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home