<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.rainydaystitches.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Angelarae Knits: So Many Thoughts, So Little Time....

Angelarae Knits

...and Crochets

My Photo
Name:
Location: Raleigh, NC, United States

Hello! Welcome to my Blog! I live and enjoy the fibery crafts here, in Raleigh, NC with my husband and 5 children! I love to share patterns, tips, and recipes along with my spinning from time to time. I hope you'll enjoy your time here and stick around a bit!

Sunday, September 17, 2006

So Many Thoughts, So Little Time....

No, really...I have been thinking alot lately about different ways to fulfill the new American Dream...doing what you love for a living. Hence, I want to work at what I love, which is knitting. I will be working with someone with anxiety problems next week, teaching them to knit as therapy. Knitting has many benefits, as we all know. I can only speak for myself, but, not only do I experience greater calm while knitting, I improve my ability to focus, learn patience, I have learned the value of following through to a finished project and, currently, am learning the value of following directions and trusting in the designer! ;-> Case in point, the moebius cowl (still getting up the gumption to restart this one). Besides all that (and more). I have all of you truely wonderful people that I have met while knitting and blogging. I believe it has been a gift to me from God...really, as have all of you. So, I am happy to share these benefits with others, can see it as a mission, even. Been there. That's all I can say. Moving right along.... I have finished a couple of projects and will be posting pics as soon as I can get home to my own computer. (staying with my Nanny this weekend, as my parents are gone to the beach) Hopefully, I'll get to it by sometime Tuesday. Please say a little prayer for my Son, Sam. He is in L.A. now, and is a little homesick and lonely, as he has made very few friends as yet. Love you, Sam!

2 Comments:

Blogger AuntieAnn said...

All the best to Sam! And to you, on your knitting therapy venture. And to your Nanny, who taught you to knit and crochet.

8:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've had my own experience with anxiety-/panic disorder a couple years back - actually I'm still suffering with it, but I've learned to live and cope with it. How? With knitting of course! Actually I calmed myself down with counted cross stitch first which worked perfectly, and then knitting came along - again, after a couple of years break. I won't say that my anxiety problems are all gone by now, they probably never will as it's a chronic thing that's been with me for most of my life - but thanks to knitting I found my love for life again, the happiness that it brings, and alltogether I got much, much calmer, more relaxed, and perhaps even cooler ;) These days, when I face situations that scare the heck out of me, I tend to think of my current knitting projects, reciting the pattern in my mind, just like a mantra: "Purl 2, knit 2, yarn over..." - guess how calming that is?
Knowing how much you love knitting and reading your thoughts about the calming effects of it, I'm absolutely sure that you'll manage to really help the person you'll be meeting with knitting. I think you have what it takes to make her/him understand what you mean and seeing the benefits - I'm positive you'll recruit a new knitter, and this person will immediately see how well it works. Faster than Yoga, that's for sure! ;)
All the best to you and your client, and to Sam too of course - my thoughts are with him!

11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home