<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.rainydaystitches.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Angelarae Knits: Goody Package Expected

Angelarae Knits

...and Crochets

My Photo
Name:
Location: Raleigh, NC, United States

Hello! Welcome to my Blog! I live and enjoy the fibery crafts here, in Raleigh, NC with my husband and 5 children! I love to share patterns, tips, and recipes along with my spinning from time to time. I hope you'll enjoy your time here and stick around a bit!

Monday, September 04, 2006

Goody Package Expected



Well, I've placed my first online order for yarn. I wanted something silky, so I ordered this from Knit Picks. It's a lace-weight yarn called 'Shimmer.' I was thinking of Moebius knitting. I also ordered an Options nickel-plated circular from them in a size 10. I wanted to try knitting with the turbo type needle to see how I like them.

Best of all, I ordered something Ann and I have been drooling over since we saw it. We want to make these socks in this yarn. This is in Knit Pick's Bare line and is meant, I think, for hand dying. But I think this yarn is great un-dyed.

On the home front, I have been bugging my DH, who dabbles in beadery, to make a knitter's rosary for me. It is a simple string and bead tool for counting rows in knitting. (I am very bad to lose my place) Think I will push the issue by buying the necessary beads and cord today.
I'll post a pic when it's ready.
To the right, is the lovely moebius I have nearly finished. Nearly because, in tradition, I have run out of silky wool, despite the fact that the pattern calls for 170 yds. of a yarn which is exactly the same gauge as the yarn I used and that my skein contained 176yds. Appearently, I knit big. ( or, ahem, I knit too many rows, which I could totally see, considering my afore-mentioned tendency to lose count) No problem, though...they have more of this color at my lys. They are just closed for the weekend, so I'll have to wait for tomorrow. (Pesky holidays...). Now, off to Michaels in search of rosary beads, appearently becoming more and more necessary;->

Ang

4 Comments:

Blogger AuntieAnn said...

They all look very yummy. Your cowl looks fabulous.

I have knit many rows on the little purse, and it looks cute. I'll have to block the heck out of it, though, to get it to stay the width of the purse frame. Given that I usually skip blocking entirely, I'll have to figure this out, and mainly how to keep the dog off of the floor area where the blocking is occuring.

12:01 PM  
Blogger sgeddes said...

I'll be interested to see how you like the knitpicks needles. I've been debating on whether to try them or not. The cowl looks great.
I can't wait to see the knitting rosary.

1:07 PM  
Blogger AuntieAnn said...

I'm jealous that you ordered that sock pattern and yarn. I still want those for me, but must - hold - off - until - done - with - Xmas - knitting. Whew! What an effort.

1:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, this sock pattern is truly beautiful, it's going to look fantastic with the yarn you picked - can't wait to seeing progress shots!

3:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home