<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.rainydaystitches.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Angelarae Knits: Fiber Fantastica

Angelarae Knits

...and Crochets

My Photo
Name:
Location: Raleigh, NC, United States

Hello! Welcome to my Blog! I live and enjoy the fibery crafts here, in Raleigh, NC with my husband and 5 children! I love to share patterns, tips, and recipes along with my spinning from time to time. I hope you'll enjoy your time here and stick around a bit!

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Fiber Fantastica


The new yarn I ordered from Knit Picks arrived yesterday and I am now ready to begin my christmas knitting! It's all wonderful. I have plans for the white tweed....Bavarian Twisted Stitch socks from Cat Bordhi. Not sure how to read the chart, so that's a 'maybe' at best.







This lovely blue yarn is 'Shimmer,' lace-weight Baby Alpaca and Silk. I could use some pattern suggestions for this yarn. I like this one? I have done very little lace knitting, so something lovely but on the easy side, please.








The blue to the left, here, is called 'Gloss' and, I am thinking, will be another moebius. It is 70% merino wool and 30% silk. Yummy! It's been a long time since I purchased this much yarn for projects. Woohoo!




The brown yarn you see in the bag above is 'Essential Tweed,' superwash and for socks. Of course the Simple Stripes will be socks, too.

So, three pairs of socks, a shawl and a moebius. Not bad for $30.00!

In other news, I have to rip the other moebius I was knitting in Silky Wool. What can I say...I should have knit a gauge swatch. One day, knitting will teach me to *not* assume anything. A hard lesson for me...I want everything to be uncomplicated. It's been a few days since I realized I could use the thing for an arm sling and my friend, Ann, helped me figure out the gauge problem. So, I feel okay about ripping it out and starting over on a size 8 (down from the previous size 10 ). The more I use my Denise needles, the more I love them. That reminds me, I did not receive the 'Options' needle I ordered from Knit Picks. I wasn't charged, so I don't think the order went through. Will reorder later and let you know what I think. Sorry, sgeddes:-(.

Hope y'all are having a great weekend!

Hugs,

Ang

3 Comments:

Blogger AuntieAnn said...

Lovely yarn! Woohoo! I'm very curious to see the Bavarian Twisted Stitch socks -- sounds interesting.

The most lacey thing I have ever done is that tan moebius I completed recenty, which just barely counts, so I can't offer you any advice, except that Eunny's website looks to have very detailed lessons on lace-knitting, and you might want that very pointy 'Options' needle, from what I hear.

I'm sure your next moebius will go twice as fast now that you have the hang of the technique.

8:34 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

I bought Shimmer that came in the mail yesterday and I also bought the Rectangular Cover Shawl to knit with it. It's coming along well, and it's my first lace project. Wanna join me and we can learn together? E-mail me and we'll talk about the pattern ;)
Also, I see the Simply Stripes you got. I have some for sale/trade, but honestly no one has wanted it, so take a look and if you want it, it's yours.

9:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I so love the yarn goodies you got - especially the merino/silk mix in that luscious color, yummy!
I'm so sorry you had to rip the other moebius - it often happens to me too that I assume things with knitting and then end up being a bit more clever than before - after ripping, that is ;( I tend to be too lazy to do swatches often, and well, then it just happens that things won't turn out the way I expected. Hm... guess we should change that and swatch religiously from now on, what do you think?

2:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home