<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.rainydaystitches.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Angelarae Knits: Felted Cell Phone Case

Angelarae Knits

...and Crochets

My Photo
Name:
Location: Raleigh, NC, United States

Hello! Welcome to my Blog! I live and enjoy the fibery crafts here, in Raleigh, NC with my husband and 5 children! I love to share patterns, tips, and recipes along with my spinning from time to time. I hope you'll enjoy your time here and stick around a bit!

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Felted Cell Phone Case


Destined to be one of my favorite patterns, this cell phone case knitted-up quickly and felted like a dream. I simply cast-on 32 stitches, knit a tube with size 8 double points and one strand worsted weight wool (Paton's Classic Merino used here.) I made it about 6" long, maybe a little more, bind off 17 stitches and work another 4 or so inches for the flap. Bind off, weave in ends and felt. This one was about half-way felted in one full cycle, so I hand-felted it the rest of the way. I cut a button hole with scissors and that was that. My inspiration/pattern for this project was found here. The dimensions are about right for my phone. A smaller phone might want theirs to be right at 6". The 4 inch flap is perfect. I inserted a broken flip phone into mine while it was wet to block it and let it dry overnight. Excellent to use stash wool and I think these would make great christmas gifts.

4 Comments:

Blogger AuntieAnn said...

Very nice! I just came across some feltable wool leftovers in my stash, and this would be perfect. DD has been agitating for a cell phone case.

9:49 AM  
Blogger sgeddes said...

That is a nice looking cell phone case! I really like the button. Where did you find it?

12:57 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Cute!

3:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, this looks awesome! Thanks for sharing the link and your modifications - I'm in desperate need of a cellphone case - or, my cell phone is, actually - and this would be just perfect! Love the color too!

4:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home