<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.rainydaystitches.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Angelarae Knits: World's Best Knitting Jobs

Angelarae Knits

...and Crochets

My Photo
Name:
Location: Raleigh, NC, United States

Hello! Welcome to my Blog! I live and enjoy the fibery crafts here, in Raleigh, NC with my husband and 5 children! I love to share patterns, tips, and recipes along with my spinning from time to time. I hope you'll enjoy your time here and stick around a bit!

Saturday, August 05, 2006

World's Best Knitting Jobs

You are looking at what must be the world's best knitting job. We were leaving a parking garage last week. When we arrived at a similar booth as pictured here, the man put down his book, took our ticket, fed it into a computer, and collected two dollars. He picked up his novel, pushed the button to open the gate, and waved us on. I thought to myself, being the single minded creature that I am, 'Boy, that must be a great job for knitting!' I began to imagine myself bringing my carefully prepared lunch, my knitting bag and a cooler of ice tea, (we drink sweet iced tea here in the south...or 'Coke'...not 'soda' or 'pop'). Anyhoo, I think the only real drawback would be the pay...what, maybe six or seven dollars per hour? And, that there isn't much room in there. Bet there might be enough for a laptop, though! So you could possibly blog and knit!
'kay, think I am getting a little carried away, here. Can you tell I haven't knit much lately? Hope you guys are having a good weekend. No free magazines yet at my new job, but I am working on that. I opened a crate of magazines yesterday to set-up a store-which-shall-remain-nameless, and low and behold, what do you think was right on top? Interweave Knits fall issue...in plastic, cause it has a neat little pattern bookof scarves for free. Of course, it isn't as free as I hope to get it!! You can bet the knitting section of every store gets very special attention from me. Yummy!

2 Comments:

Blogger AuntieAnn said...

Eh, not sure I'm ready for that job in the booth, sucking fumes all day, despite the knitting opportunities. That's creative thinking on your part, though!

11:39 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

I never thought of that....hmmmm...too bad we don't have parking garages in our town.

2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home