<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.rainydaystitches.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Angelarae Knits: New Toy For Me

Angelarae Knits

...and Crochets

My Photo
Name:
Location: Raleigh, NC, United States

Hello! Welcome to my Blog! I live and enjoy the fibery crafts here, in Raleigh, NC with my husband and 5 children! I love to share patterns, tips, and recipes along with my spinning from time to time. I hope you'll enjoy your time here and stick around a bit!

Monday, August 07, 2006

New Toy For Me


Here is a pic of my new toy, a Clover Mini Circular.
This nifty little needle allows me to knit socks, sweater
sleeves, or any other small tube. The sky is the limit.
So far, they work fine. Haven't exactly figured out how I will acheive the gusset part of the sock with them.
I guess with stitch markers and ssk at one end, and k2tog at other end. The yarn is 'Candy' by Artful Yarns. It will become socks for Mom.

On another note, I watched Cat Bordhi today on Knitty Gritty. She was teaching the Magical Mobius knitting she is famous for. She is a very good teacher. I finally understand the concept and am ready to cast-on. I only lack the 47" circular I will need. I can see why people say she is a genius...the woman was doing a mobius cast-on behind her back. Crazy. Here's the link with the pattern. They used Hand Maiden, by Fleece Artist, in Rose Garden. The finished project is gorgeous. Take a gander next time it plays on DIY Network. It's a keeper.Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool! Let me know what you think of the mini circ after you finish the sock -- those do look interesting, although I really don't mind DPN's (and you get those great looks from people when you KIP with them, like you're a genius -- or crazy).

I do like Cat Bordhi's book that I have (the first Magical Knitting treasury), and do like the scarves I have made (I used several of the cables in my Denise set connected, although now I have bought one long Denise cable), but the Moebius cast-on is nothing more than one of the kinds of provisional cast-on that has been around. Still, I did learn it first from her book, and also short-rowing -- it's in one of the patterns, but I used it just to turn and knit some areas where I would otherwise have had to purl more than I cared to. Now that I have learned Continental, it's probably less of an issue.

I have 2 Mobiuses (Mobii?) to knit for Xmas, got the yarn at a sale, must get going on them! There was a nice pattern for a lacy one here:
http://www.skeinlane.com/knittingresources/documents/lacymoebius_001.pdf (although you'd need the instructions for the cast-on, too, they don't include them), which I think I'll try for one of them that will otherwise be boring beige (requested by the recipient).

I'll have to see if I can tape her appearance on TV -- I'll be away but I would like to see that.

5:36 PM  
Blogger AuntieAnn said...

Drat, we don't get DIY network, it seems, now that I've checked the listings. Still, I've printed the pattern to keep.

5:00 PM  
Blogger Hannah said...

Oh, I like that mobius scarf! Very pretty. And Fleece Artist will be a lovely choice!

7:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home