<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.rainydaystitches.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Angelarae Knits: Your Advise, Please....

Angelarae Knits

...and Crochets

My Photo
Name:
Location: Raleigh, NC, United States

Hello! Welcome to my Blog! I live and enjoy the fibery crafts here, in Raleigh, NC with my husband and 5 children! I love to share patterns, tips, and recipes along with my spinning from time to time. I hope you'll enjoy your time here and stick around a bit!

Monday, August 14, 2006

Your Advise, Please....


Dear Friends,

Wonderful news! I have my first lucious ball of Noro Silk Garden! It is a lovely colorway, (they are all lovely, by the way...I had a difficult time choosing) so now I have to pick the perfect project for this one skein. (at $11.00, I probably cannot buy another skein for a couple of weeks, so work with me here). I was thinking of, maybe, a tam or some kind of hat for myself. Also, I wanted to knit one of Cat Bordhi's Mobius neck piece/shawl thingy (whatever it's called, it's lovely). So, I want ideas input for this very first ball of silk, kid mohair, and wool. Difficulty really isn't too much of a factor. I feel capable with most intermediate projects. I want something fitting of the color changes and water-color effect of this yarn. Each ball is 100 meters and I could see buying another ball (I can start a project with one ball and add another in the next couple of weeks, right?)
So, let's hear it!

Ang

5 Comments:

Blogger Anonyknits said...

You can probably get an entire hat out of a single ball, but I think a scarf of some kind would show off the yarn better. Although that might require additional yarn.

I'm not sure I would use this yarn for a mobius scarf, though -- especially if you are doing the sort of mobius that is cast on in the center and worked outwards. I'm thinking you might end up with very few rows of each color, and the sections of yarn transitioning from color to color might not be long enough to make it all the way around the knitting. So you might get thin, defined stripes rather than the water-fall effect you want to keep.

12:46 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

That mobeus thing is so neat, but I think a scarf or hat would make the most of that gorgeous yarn.

3:15 PM  
Blogger AuntieAnn said...

My DD had a gift of a lovely ball of Noro (not sure if it was silk garden, the ball band is long gone), and it had one color (orange) in it she didn't like. She knit it into one thing, then threw it out! I retrieved it and wound it back into a ball. She didn't want to use it because of the one unattractive color (to her, although I happen to agree), so we cut it out and spit-spliced it back together. The result was a sudden color change in that spot instead of a gradual one, but at least now she's willing to use it.

I hope this doesn't make her sound spoiled, she's only 11 and still a new knitter, although she's just finished a lovely scarf, and has learned to do the long-tail cast-on and to bind off (I used to have to cast on and bind off for her).

11:23 PM  
Blogger sgeddes said...

I vote for the mobius or a scarf. I think those will show off the colors and the color changes better than a hat.

Can't wait to see what you choose!

7:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the mobius scarf would be great project to knit up. I saw the DIY Knitty Gritty episode the other day where Cat Bordhi showed how to make it. I can't wait to make it myself.

4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home