<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.rainydaystitches.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Angelarae Knits: Seriously?

Angelarae Knits

...and Crochets

My Photo
Name:
Location: Raleigh, NC, United States

Hello! Welcome to my Blog! I live and enjoy the fibery crafts here, in Raleigh, NC with my husband and 5 children! I love to share patterns, tips, and recipes along with my spinning from time to time. I hope you'll enjoy your time here and stick around a bit!

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Seriously?



Yes! Seriously. This is how I am moving forward as a designer and a blogger. Taking my work seriously and going in the direction that I really want to go. I have been reading Julia Cameron's 'The Artists Way,' recently. Week 3 in the book, recovering a sense of power, has taught me two things. The one practice of not taking your design ideas seriously and therefore, seeing your ideas come to fruition through the work of someone else in the future is an absolute possibility. It happens all the time. "Stop procrastinating...ideas don't get opening nights...finished plays do. Start writing. " In my case, an idea for a hat pattern won't get published. I written pattern submission to a publisher, might.
I just published my most popular pattern, to date, to this blog. It's my Gingerbread Hat pattern. I want to be sure it is accessable. I am going to be phasing out my Typepad blog and will be doing all my blogging here, at blogger.com. Typepad has become too expensive for me. For us, with my ability to work outside the home very limited, and Hal's disability, every little penny counts.
So my notebook is more important than ever. My designs are coming together, slowly but surely. My shawl should be ready soon. Next, Ornamental socks will be ready to publish. After that, I have a few other designs that need work and submission. Let's see how it goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home