<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.rainydaystitches.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Angelarae Knits: Design - Keeping a Notebook

Angelarae Knits

...and Crochets

My Photo
Name:
Location: Raleigh, NC, United States

Hello! Welcome to my Blog! I live and enjoy the fibery crafts here, in Raleigh, NC with my husband and 5 children! I love to share patterns, tips, and recipes along with my spinning from time to time. I hope you'll enjoy your time here and stick around a bit!

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Design - Keeping a Notebook

I have finally started a designs notebook, out of necessity, really. As a matter of fact, I am amazed that I hadn't done this before. Right now, for example, I have about 10 solid design ideas in my head. The best thing for me to do is to put them down on paper, while they are fresh. For example, there's a new slouch hat I cast on, a new crocheted shawl I've started crunching on and I actually have started crocheting it. There's a new idea I just got for another hat, with enough detail that there needs to be a sketch, but some other particulars may need to be fleshed out. I am not naive enough to believe that ideas will always flow this way. There are always dry periods where nothing will come. I will need this notebook full of ideas for times like that. Not that my sketching abilities are all that great. However, I don't think that will really matter. After all, they are for my purposes.
Now, regarding the shawl. I don't want to say too much, but it is inspired by one I saw in a movie and it uses one particular motif. Do you think there is anything to the fact that, since I saw this movie, I have seen the motif everywhere! I think it means I am supposed to make this shawl and will have no peace until I do. Wish me luck:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home