<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.rainydaystitches.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Angelarae Knits: Busy Bee

Angelarae Knits

...and Crochets

My Photo
Name:
Location: Raleigh, NC, United States

Hello! Welcome to my Blog! I live and enjoy the fibery crafts here, in Raleigh, NC with my husband and 5 children! I love to share patterns, tips, and recipes along with my spinning from time to time. I hope you'll enjoy your time here and stick around a bit!

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Busy Bee

Things have been really busy here, chez Angelarae. Lot's of knitting and crochet, family activities, and a looming 'vacation,' all in the works. My merchandising activities have also picked up which is good, in a way, and also bad. It leaves me less time for crafting.
What with homeschooling, taking care of Hal, and trying to run a business, I do feel a bit overwhelmed at times. But, it's all good.
I really want to talk about the current project I have started. I am making a blanket strip as part of a collaborative effort. I had to choose a pattern, and, if you know me at all, you know that I cannot simply knit garter stitch, I have to find something more interesting. I spent a little time looking through stitch dictionaries and found a pattern I really liked. I started on 10 and 1/2 needles, because the strip needs to be 7" wide and this size, with the yarn provided, is what worked. I added a few extra tweeks and was very happy with the result. So happy, in fact, that I picked up some size 7's and tried the pattern on those, tweeked some more, and had myself a nifty little scarf pattern. Very pretty. I finished up my swatch on size 7's, checked the gauge, blocked the swatch out, and guess what? I think it really needs to be a cardigan. Now, at this point, I wish I could share the swatch, because, I believe you would see what I mean. However, I am new at designing for print and the one thing I have picked up is that, without a doubt, if I want it to have a chance at being published, I cannot share too many details. Let us just say, that the submission is due 5/1/11 and that I am sketching my design now, bad artist that I am. It's going to be a Child's Cardi, Emmas size, for sure, but will have to have several sizes available. I am thinking size (8, 10, 12)14....most likely:) I'd love to have a crocheted edging, as well! But maybe I am saying too, much! Still a lot to do. Wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home