<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.rainydaystitches.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Angelarae Knits: Student of Design 101

Angelarae Knits

...and Crochets

My Photo
Name:
Location: Raleigh, NC, United States

Hello! Welcome to my Blog! I live and enjoy the fibery crafts here, in Raleigh, NC with my husband and 5 children! I love to share patterns, tips, and recipes along with my spinning from time to time. I hope you'll enjoy your time here and stick around a bit!

Friday, March 04, 2011

Student of Design 101


Working hard lately on a couple of designs and it got me thinking.... First, there are many things that could be done with a new crochet design. I could sell the pattern, I could post it for free, I could submit it to one of the print or online crochet magazines, or maybe even a yarn company. I have noted several designers who have done all four. So, here's my question....how do you decide? I am relatively new to the design world. I have a couple patterns out there, all free, Gingerbread Hat, being one. I am trying to break into the Crochet/Knit industry. Right now, I am working on a small project, a Blackberry case. I need one and, of course, I want it to be stylish. I have my idea and sketches and now I am executing. The next step will be to write it up and then decide where it goes. I have considered my time investment (all of a day) and the cleverness of the design (eh...a little, I guess) and whether or not if I had seen it, I'd want it. (yes, definitely) Would I pay for it? (Yes). I'd love to hear from fellow designers on this question, not for the current design in question only, but for any design project. Anyone is welcome to give their opinion. What do you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home