<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.rainydaystitches.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Angelarae Knits: New Year, New Obsession?

Angelarae Knits

...and Crochets

My Photo
Name:
Location: Raleigh, NC, United States

Hello! Welcome to my Blog! I live and enjoy the fibery crafts here, in Raleigh, NC with my husband and 5 children! I love to share patterns, tips, and recipes along with my spinning from time to time. I hope you'll enjoy your time here and stick around a bit!

Monday, January 01, 2007

New Year, New Obsession?


I don't know, ladies. I really am enjoying this new spindle. I wrote previously about my growing interest in learning to spin. When I visited my lys, Shuttles, Needles and Hooks, Carol presented the wheels she had for sale and offered to teach me to spin. She said that she thought I should try a spindle first, to experience working with the wool, before I actually bought an expensive wheel. She also advised me to practice only 15 minutes per day until I got the hang of it, lest I develop bad habits. I didn't ask her to explain specifically what the 'bad habits' are, but I have found that I have been able to improve with each attempt at spinning with the spindle and have yet to become the least bit frustrated. I am using a roving I bought from her to practice with. It is the pink wool you see pictured here. I would say that the yarn that I have spun so far is anywhere between lace weight to worsted and is becoming more consistently worsted as I practice. I could use some helpful links to gauge my progress. Also, I think I may need to visit Carol again for more instruction:)

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger sgeddes said...

Very cool! I've always thought that spinning would be difficult to get down right.

It will be fun to watch your progress.

6:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As I see it, spinning can get immensly addictive - I'm looking forward to seeing your progress!
Happy New Year, my friend!

1:49 AM  
Blogger hakucho said...

I'm going to be anxiously waiting for more posts on your spinning. For now I have to live vicariously through you. I would love to learn to spin....

happy knitting and Spinning :)

6:49 AM  
Blogger elizabeth said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! Your spinning looks great! Isn't it fun??? I'm sending you an email with the links that were helpful to me when I started spinning.

10:39 AM  
Blogger monica said...

I would love to learn to spin and would love to get a spindle.

5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home