<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.rainydaystitches.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Angelarae Knits: Sock-o-rama

Angelarae Knits

...and Crochets

My Photo
Name:
Location: Raleigh, NC, United States

Hello! Welcome to my Blog! I live and enjoy the fibery crafts here, in Raleigh, NC with my husband and 5 children! I love to share patterns, tips, and recipes along with my spinning from time to time. I hope you'll enjoy your time here and stick around a bit!

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Sock-o-rama


Hi all!

Had a nice long weekend and am trying to make good on my promise of two pairs of Father's Day socks. I have mastered to two circular needle method of knitting socks and am almost finished with sock #1 for my DH. I also, have this lovely Trekking XXL to knit up for my Dad's pair. Not a very good pic but this colorway has different hues of dark blue to pale blue and a nice tan color. It is working up beautifully on 4 double points, but I'll switch to circulars as soon as I can get some more. I found Susan Bates Stainless steel in a size 2 "16 at AC Moore for $4.98 - a far cry from the $14.50 at the LYS for Addi Circulars. I would have loved to have those, but can't afford to spend $30 on circulars right now. Hmmm....expensive needles or more yarn and less expensive needles?....hmmm....think I'll go with more yarn and less expensive needles. No point in having Addi's but no yarn.
Anyhoo, Please answer this question for me:) How many hours to knit a sock/pair of socks? Would like to semi plan how long it will take me on circulars vs. doublepoints. Just wondering:)

Good day to all and Go Canes!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

I've often wondered how long it takes me to knit socks, but I have no idea.
I love the yarn. I'm still stuck between deciding on the Smores or the other (blue) Knitpicks for my dad.

11:15 AM  
Blogger AuntieAnn said...

I don't think I want to know how much time it takes to knit a pair of socks. I have actually yet to knit a pair with a heel, but have just decided Mom needs a pair with a separate big toe, to wear with sandals. I know that sounds really weird, but I think she would wear them. For some reason she has been looking for such things and has yet to find them (only ones with 5 toes).

12:04 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Isn't asking how long it takes to knit a pair of socks a lot like asking how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie pop? I mean, the world may never know!

(That being said, I'd clock it at around 24 hours)

And please, I'd love you to link to my site!

2:11 AM  
Blogger Angela said...

Very good points, all. 'Nuf said...the socks get done, when they get done!

Ang

11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home