<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.rainydaystitches.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Angelarae Knits

Angelarae Knits

...and Crochets

My Photo
Name:
Location: Raleigh, NC, United States

Hello! Welcome to my Blog! I live and enjoy the fibery crafts here, in Raleigh, NC with my husband and 5 children! I love to share patterns, tips, and recipes along with my spinning from time to time. I hope you'll enjoy your time here and stick around a bit!

Monday, May 29, 2006


Hope everyone is having a fabulous Memorial Day weekend. When we lived in the NC mountains,
the local folk called it 'Decoration Day.' They would have potluck dinners and 'decorate' the gravesites of loved ones with flowers, wreaths and ribbon. All of it seems so far away now. We lived in Western NC for a sum total of 10 years. But, we were forced to move back to Raleigh when Hal (DH) got sick. I still miss my life there sometimes. The mountains have a way of melting away stress. Sigh....

On to knitting; the circular needle sock project for Father's Day is moving right along. I have to say, I'm loving this method of knitting socks! Also, I am enjoying Cat Bordhi's book. I'm looking forward to trying the Bavarian Twisted Stitch Sock. It uses Libero Sportyarn which is lovely. Hopefully, I can find some locally.

I was wondering for myself and also, if any of you know, approximately how many hours it takes to knit a sock. I have not kept track of my time on this project, mainly because I take my knitting everywhere I go and knit during any snatch of idle time available to me. Also, I do not wear a watch. (That doen't help matters much)

All of the pieces of Baby Bolero are done. I have only to block and stitch together. I'll post a pick when it is ready.

By the way, The World Cup starts June 4th with the US playing June 12th. They are ranked 5th overall, from what I hear. I don't think the other teams will look forward to playing us again.
This is a awsome 'Don't Tread On Me' symbol from the Revolutionary War Flag. It is now part of a limited edition team uniform.

2 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

I'm doing Father's Day socks too. I need to decide on a color and get started! :)

10:36 AM  
Blogger AuntieAnn said...

I finally finished Shedir (after one bad finish that I had to frog -- I will post a pic when I get a chance). Which means it's time to cast on for sonnet, at last!

12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home