<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.rainydaystitches.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Angelarae Knits: Socks Soar

Angelarae Knits

...and Crochets

My Photo
Name:
Location: Raleigh, NC, United States

Hello! Welcome to my Blog! I live and enjoy the fibery crafts here, in Raleigh, NC with my husband and 5 children! I love to share patterns, tips, and recipes along with my spinning from time to time. I hope you'll enjoy your time here and stick around a bit!

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Socks Soar


Just ordered Cat Bordhi's book "Socks Soar on Two Circular Needles." Appearently, there is not a copy to be found in all of Raleigh or Cary. So, I ordered it from Quail Ridge Books. I have to admit that I have avoided Cat Bordhi for some time. I mean, have you seen the needle quiver..."Magical Moebius Needle Quiver..." Sounds innocent enough, doesn't it? But, boy, that thing is a yarn, waddy, messing thing waiting to happen, I'm sure of it.

Yet, whenever I have read (in the blogosphere, of course) anything written about Ms. Bordhi's patterns, they have been complementary; most recently, here and here.

So maybe this book can get me over my fear of Cat Bordhi patterns. I am hoping to find her the genius everyone seems to think she is.

3 Comments:

Blogger sgeddes said...

I have this book. I'm in Raleigh and had to order it on amazon. I really just ordered the book to learn how to knit on two circular needles. There are probably a couple patterns I will try though. Good Luck! I really like the Sensation Knitted Sock book.

2:14 PM  
Blogger AuntieAnn said...

Ang -- I have made two moebius scarves from Cat's book, Hmmm, I think it's "Treasury of Magical Knitting". Sorry, too lazy to walk to other room to check. The cast-on is not too hard, it is the same in fact as one kind of provisional cast-on. Getting the tension of the cast-on right is something I haven't mastered -- first was too tight, second too loose. I need to do two more for Xmas, maybe by then I'll have it right.

5:56 PM  
Blogger AuntieAnn said...

Thanks for your help with those buttons! I nearly stole yours for KIP, but it actually links to Crazy Aunt Purl's site, did you know? I might steal it anyway --

11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home