<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.rainydaystitches.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Angelarae Knits

Angelarae Knits

...and Crochets

My Photo
Name:
Location: Raleigh, NC, United States

Hello! Welcome to my Blog! I live and enjoy the fibery crafts here, in Raleigh, NC with my husband and 5 children! I love to share patterns, tips, and recipes along with my spinning from time to time. I hope you'll enjoy your time here and stick around a bit!

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Today, I am a blocked writer...that is, I think that I do not have anything important to say. So I have been putting-off coming to the computer and writing down anything. But when I consider what I have been doing over the past few days, I find that maybe there are a few tidbits. I watched "Wallace and Gromet and the Curse of the Were-Rabbit" yesterday. Very cute! One scene showed Gromet knitting as he waited in the truck for Wallace to return. I am an instant fan. I also started a knitted doll for my daughter, Emma. I got the pattern from a book called Knitted Babes by Clare Garland. I have finished one of two body pieces in Baby Cashmerino. Everything is knit in fingering and the clothes and dolls are really cute. If all goes as planned, I will come up with my own little doll accessories to knit. I also started a shawl for my Nanny. I am using Lion Brand Jiffy because I like the mohair look and the blue is the perfect color to match Nanny's eyes. I do have a cold. I have been sick all week, but continue to labor on as usual with my domestic activities. Well, today I hit a brick wall and have been unable to do more than sit up. So I will be resting for the rest of this afternoon. We had our very first knitting group meeting at my church last week. I think that it went very well. We all laughed, talked about projects and helped each other with various techniques, both simple and advanced. Also * Debbie Stoller (of Stitch 'n Bitch fame) will be at Quail Ridge Books on Wade Ave. in Raleigh this coming Tuesday, March 28th at 1:30, promoting her book, The Happy Hooker. I believe she will be signing copies of this book.

*Also, per Barnes and Noble Booksellers, Stephanie Pearl-McPhee's new book, Knitting Rules, comes out March 28th.

That's it for now. I am going to take a little ibuprophen and see if I can't get a little sleep today. The kid's are home for spring break this week and I am sure to be extra busy.

Ang

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home