<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.rainydaystitches.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Angelarae Knits

Angelarae Knits

...and Crochets

My Photo
Name:
Location: Raleigh, NC, United States

Hello! Welcome to my Blog! I live and enjoy the fibery crafts here, in Raleigh, NC with my husband and 5 children! I love to share patterns, tips, and recipes along with my spinning from time to time. I hope you'll enjoy your time here and stick around a bit!

Monday, February 27, 2006

f-r-a-n-t-i-c: (adj.) Affected with or marked by frenzy or mania, uncontrolled by reason...

I am nearly finished with my fair isle bag!! I am finishing up the hemming and weaving in (and weaving in) ends of this piece. After that, I can start on the icord handles. I have to say that I considered several options in order to technically finish this Olympic project on time. The following are a sample of the less frantic ones:

1)Rush. Cut corners (one less row of black and two less of a red stripe won't matter, right?) . This one was out almost as soon as it was conceived. Too much work has gone into this for it to come out looking marginal. I could never live with that.

2) Buy straps instead of making icord. Not a bad idea at all, except that I tried Michael's and A.C. Moore- no such animal there. The one's used in the pattern are $28 a piece and I need 2. That's out as well. Back to the drawing board.

3) Make my own purse straps out of strips of leather found at Michael's. Guaranteed to look crappy. Forget that.

4)Knit in my sleep and wake up to a finished project. I have not yet mastered this technique, so that leaves....

5)Relax and finish this bag with the usual amount of care I give and be very pleased with the results in relation to the time spent. This option has particular merit because it affords me the opportunity to be civil to my husband and sweet children and not chew them to pieces every time I open my mouth. (with the ultimate result of my being kicked into bed-literally) Yeah. Think I'll go with option 4. So here are my picks of my nearly done fair isle bag.



My lovely daughter, Emma, before Mommy joined the Fair Isle Team.
(See how happy she looks?:)
<-------------








Emma after the fair isle. (She is under this thing. Those are her legs sticking out from under the huge freaking purse! (poor thing!)


<--------Emma's legs

Notwithstanding the frantic nature of the last few days, I am delighted that the bag came out in the correct shape, despite the fact that I had made another crucial error and could not make the directed needle size change (from 9 to 8 circular) for the top of the bag because I did *not* have one. So, I knit the whole thing with a 9. Seems to be okay, though.

Well, I am off to take a well deserved hot bath to sooth my aching arms, neck and back. I expect to finish this bag tonight.

I want to congratulate all of the athletes, though. This has been so much fun!!! Also, I have visited quite a few finished projects this a.m. and am beyond impressed. I feel truely blessed to be associated with all of you. It has been a pleasure. Now for my next project.....;->

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home