<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.rainydaystitches.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Angelarae Knits

Angelarae Knits

...and Crochets

My Photo
Name:
Location: Raleigh, NC, United States

Hello! Welcome to my Blog! I live and enjoy the fibery crafts here, in Raleigh, NC with my husband and 5 children! I love to share patterns, tips, and recipes along with my spinning from time to time. I hope you'll enjoy your time here and stick around a bit!

Sunday, February 26, 2006


Hello fellow Olympians!


I have been working vigorously to finish my Olympic project, but realized in the wee hours of this a.m. that I have made a critical error. I have been eyeing the fair isle chart along with instructions for this item for how long now? 4 weeks? Anyway, it seems, much to my surprise, that the pattern isn't almost done once the chart is complete, as I had thought. There is quite a bit of knitting to do after that, as well. Even considering I had already calculated in extra time for the icords, I did not for the extra 10 rows knit up for the hem. (Sigh) So I have learned a valuable lesson. No matter how much I feel that I know what the pattern will be, in a nutshell, nutshells do not finish a project- not even close. Well, here goes! I'll do my best to finish by tonight, but, I have to tell you, it ain't looking good.


Ang

2 Comments:

Blogger Knit Wit said...

Hi, Angela. I'm in Asheville. Can you see me waving???

Sorry you aren't gonna make it on the KO project. I made it but I wasn't doing anything nearly as hard as a Fair Isle bag. Just some socks... Your bag will look great. I like your colors.

My blog is on Blogspot too--Knitting Yarns.

Ginger

8:37 PM  
Blogger Knit Wit said...

Hi again. Thought you'd come nearer seeing this if I put it here. ;-)

There are several good yarn shops in Asheville. My personal fave is Sage Cottage on Sweeten Creek Rd. near the intersection with Airport Rd. You've also got Earth Guild downtown, which has been there for ages, and a new place on College St. called Purl's. Haven't gotten there yet. There's also a place in Biltmore Village called Yarn Paradise which caters a bit more to the tourist trade, I think. I've only been there once.

I know exactly where the Mexican place is near Mission. If it's the one I'm thinking of, it's still there though under new ownership. There was one in the Village--Patio? I think--which was flooded when the hurricanes caused the Swannanoa to engulf that whole area and that restaurant never came back. Then there's La Paz in the same area which was high enough to be spared.

Ginger

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home