<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.rainydaystitches.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Angelarae Knits: Gift Shawl

Angelarae Knits

...and Crochets

My Photo
Name:
Location: Raleigh, NC, United States

Hello! Welcome to my Blog! I live and enjoy the fibery crafts here, in Raleigh, NC with my husband and 5 children! I love to share patterns, tips, and recipes along with my spinning from time to time. I hope you'll enjoy your time here and stick around a bit!

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Gift Shawl

This is a shawlette I recently completed for my sister, Becky.  Her birthday came Saturday, and I thought the blue in this Malabrigo Worsted was a perfect match for her eyes....

blue ridge shawl malabrigo worsted one skein

blue ridge shawl malabrigo worsted one skein















I love the color and the way the garter stitch waves at the edge of the horseshoe lace. I do think it needs a stretchy bind-off, so I will be adding that to the pattern. The edging is a faroese version of horseshoe lace, and I've been wanting to try it for some time. The Faroes would knit the lace in all garter, but I like it in stockinette too, so that's what I did. I'll be making my next one from Manos Del Uruguay Maxima, I think.  Also very pretty and very similar to the Malabrigo, but, whichever you choose, this is a one skein project, my friends!! I love those things, as Junie B. would say;-) That means this would make a great gift for someone.  So I will be writing this up and posting it in my shop. It will be available soon, so look for it.

Details:
Yarn: Malabrigo Worsted, Kettle dyed merino wool, 215yds
Needles: Size 7 (4.5mm)
Size: 50" span and 10" at widest point.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home