<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.rainydaystitches.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Angelarae Knits: Dry Falls

Angelarae Knits

...and Crochets

My Photo
Name:
Location: Raleigh, NC, United States

Hello! Welcome to my Blog! I live and enjoy the fibery crafts here, in Raleigh, NC with my husband and 5 children! I love to share patterns, tips, and recipes along with my spinning from time to time. I hope you'll enjoy your time here and stick around a bit!

Friday, October 25, 2013

Dry Falls

I want to introduce you to my latest pattern, Dry Falls.....

Knitting Pattern Dry Falls Shawl shawlette

This is a garter stitch, crescent shaped shawl that absolutely flew off my needles.  I had so much fun with this project and the work really did just flow from my heart to the needles...I loved knitting it, and I love wearing it even more.  As usual, Emma is the perfect model...

knitting pattern dry falls shawl shawlette

I used Plymouth Encore DK for this one, and I have to say that it seemed to be more of a sport weight to me, so I think if this was knit in a true DK weight, it would be somewhat larger. 
This shawl could be knit at any gauge, though I could only suggest fingering/sport/dk or worsted.  I am offering it for sale here, on my blog, or at Ravelry.  I hope you enjoy it as much as I have!

The lace edging on this piece reminds me of water cascading down, so, here's a picture of the inspiration for this shawlette, Dry Falls in Highlands, NC.  This waterfall is beautiful to view year round, and is just off Hwy. 64, so there is no great hike to see it. It is called Dry Falls, because you can walk behind it and stay dry.  

Dry Falls North Carolina Water Fall



Labels: , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Catherine said...

This shawl is beautiful - in fact I was admiring it on Ravelry the other day when I was searching for small shawl patterns (to knit for christmas presents)

2:29 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

Thank you, Catherine...it was a fun knit!

8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home