<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.rainydaystitches.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Angelarae Knits: Upcoming Workshop

Angelarae Knits

...and Crochets

My Photo
Name:
Location: Raleigh, NC, United States

Hello! Welcome to my Blog! I live and enjoy the fibery crafts here, in Raleigh, NC with my husband and 5 children! I love to share patterns, tips, and recipes along with my spinning from time to time. I hope you'll enjoy your time here and stick around a bit!

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Upcoming Workshop

In preparation for my upcoming workshop on September 21st at Downtown Knits, I have been working on some snuggly Granny Square slippers. For these, I chose Liberty Wool by Classic Elite.  This yarn has vibrant colors in fairly long repeats, so it lends itself well to striped and multicolor projects like this one.  I sat in the sunshine most of Sunday afternoon and worked on my squares....



And made them into these lovelies....




















I much prefer these to the ones I made previously for my mother, mainly because these are wool. Mom still loves hers, though.
Each slipper requires 6 squares, stitched together with single crochet. You can find instructions at the Purlbee Blog. They can be made larger by simply adding an extra round to each granny square or for a small child, by eliminating one of the rounds for each square. The versatility of size and color make these a great gift choice for the upcoming holiday season and it's never too early to start!





Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home