<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.rainydaystitches.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Angelarae Knits: Big Plans

Angelarae Knits

...and Crochets

My Photo
Name:
Location: Raleigh, NC, United States

Hello! Welcome to my Blog! I live and enjoy the fibery crafts here, in Raleigh, NC with my husband and 5 children! I love to share patterns, tips, and recipes along with my spinning from time to time. I hope you'll enjoy your time here and stick around a bit!

Thursday, September 05, 2013

Big Plans

I have big plans for this hand painted roving from Woolgatherings...big plans!




















I have gotten the idea into my head that I will be able to spin this (on my drop spindle) and knit a pair of socks for my husband for Christmas....what do you think?  Here is a pic of some of the spun yarn as I get ready to ply with an andean bracelet...




















Next, after I plied these single with my drop spindle (2-ply), I used my brand new Niddy Noddy from Fiber Artist Supply Company to wind a skein...SO much better than using my hand and elbow! This one makes 1-yard skeins; small, but fine for the amount of yarn I am spinning right now.




















So now, I have started to knit...This ball is about 30 yds, or so. I am planning to ply as I fill spindles, then knit, and so on.  I like the look of this yarn...the plying really helped tone down the acid green and bright yellow.  I think Hal will like them. I have a feeling I may be regretting these size 0 needles, though, when it gets to be October and I have only nearly finished one sock....



Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger punkychewster said...

i once did a knitting project in school. We had to knit a pair of baby booties, but i went out and bought the wrong sized needles, and made a pair of wool socks that could fit me!

8:45 AM  
Blogger Angela said...

You got something good out of that!

6:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home