<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.rainydaystitches.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Angelarae Knits: Mini Spindle

Angelarae Knits

...and Crochets

My Photo
Name:
Location: Raleigh, NC, United States

Hello! Welcome to my Blog! I live and enjoy the fibery crafts here, in Raleigh, NC with my husband and 5 children! I love to share patterns, tips, and recipes along with my spinning from time to time. I hope you'll enjoy your time here and stick around a bit!

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Mini Spindle

This is not the smallest spindle I've ever seen. I have seen smaller ones that were meant as charms. But, it is the smallest one I have ever attempted to spin with, and the lightest. It weighs .28 ounces. I have had to adjust my technique quite a bit to spin a fine mohair on this thing. But, I have been able to do it. I am hoping it may be easier to spin wool, something with a little shorter staple length. I purchased this with the hope that it will be more portable and it certainly is that. It is lovely and well made. Here are the specs :

Maple Burl with Ambrosia Maple shaft
1 1/2 inch Whorl diameter
3/8 inch Whorl thickness
7/8 inch above the Whorl
4 inch below the Whorl




Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww, how adorable is that ! I have so much to learn about spindle spinning, I get it, I think, how the smaller the spindle , the finer the yarn. Brilliant. And that is some really seriously fine yarn !

5:41 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

I love spinning with my drop spindle! I am seriously loving the mohair, as well...spins like butter!

7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home