<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.rainydaystitches.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Angelarae Knits: A Cardigan For Me

Angelarae Knits

...and Crochets

My Photo
Name:
Location: Raleigh, NC, United States

Hello! Welcome to my Blog! I live and enjoy the fibery crafts here, in Raleigh, NC with my husband and 5 children! I love to share patterns, tips, and recipes along with my spinning from time to time. I hope you'll enjoy your time here and stick around a bit!

Tuesday, October 02, 2012

A Cardigan For Me

I am working on my Chevron Lace Cardigan today...yes, a project just for Me:0) About time, don't you think? Should be cool enough to need it around here in a few days, too! I chose a yarn in a variegated color I like and so far, it fits perfectly.














You can't tell in this picture, but I am past the sleeves and working on the body now.  I hope I can finish it this week. Think I'll need one more skein, so I'll need to pick that up today.
In other news, my dog, Brody, has been very naughty....
Apparently, he has a thing for spindles. Not so good for me. He had to climb into a chair and onto the table to get this....










See the point at the end...that's not supposed to be there. I'm sick about it, too! It's my favorite spindle.  Bad doggy! Maybe if I sand it I can still use it?? I hope so, cause I can't afford another one and I have all this lovely, creamy white BFL to spin....:0(


Labels: , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Catherine said...

Dog disaster! Were you intending to spin the yarn for a whole sweater with a drop spindle?

12:49 PM  
Blogger Merry Impette said...

ack! at first, i was afraid that the dogs had unraveled your sweater .. so .. i guess things could've been worse? good luck rehabilitating your spindle! :)

2:00 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

I know it can be done, but no. I have some soft, white wool I was spinning into lace weight with on my spindle. I want to make a shawl with it. What was on it is a fair mess,though I am trying to wind it into something that resembles order. I am using stash yarn (Caron Simply Soft) for the sweater in this post.

8:39 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

Thanks, Merry:0) I am going to buy some sandpaper and 0000 steel wool tomorrow and that should smooth things out. Just don't know if it will be as balanced as it was.

8:43 PM  
Blogger hakucho said...

Nice start for your cardigan! Hope you can get your spindle fixed...BAD dog ;)

happy knitting :)

5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home