<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.rainydaystitches.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Angelarae Knits: Fiber Crawl

Angelarae Knits

...and Crochets

My Photo
Name:
Location: Raleigh, NC, United States

Hello! Welcome to my Blog! I live and enjoy the fibery crafts here, in Raleigh, NC with my husband and 5 children! I love to share patterns, tips, and recipes along with my spinning from time to time. I hope you'll enjoy your time here and stick around a bit!

Monday, June 20, 2011

Fiber Crawl


I have been so busy and working so hard for the last several months that I was delighted when my sister, Becky, invited me to ride up to Asheville with her for a few days. She knows I lived in the area for many years and have friends I would love to see. She worked some of the time, but each of us got to do some things we wanted to. Becky got to see her waterfall and tour the Grand Bohemian Hotel in the Biltmore area of Asheville.








The Grand Bohemian is designed in a hunting lodge theme and it is a stunning place. The level of detail in the planning and decorating is astounding. I highly recommend it as the staff could not have been friendlier. They gave us a tour with no notice. So nice....




















As for me, I got to go to a couple of great yarn shops in Asheville. The first one is Paradise Yarns
on All Souls Crescent in Biltmore. The owner and employees were all super helpful and were happy to let me sit and knit for a while.







Next, I went to the FriendsAndFiber Shop at the Biltmore Square Mall. This place has over 4,000 square feet of fibery goodness. The best thing about this shop is that they cover knitting, crochet, weaving, and spinning. I found crochet projects, spinning wheels, a loom and they also sold several items on consignment. Tracey, co-owner on duty, said that they make every effort to support local crafts.



The FriendsAndFiber folks will be having a Summer Retreat in July. They are taking over the Biltmore Square Mall with many Vendors, Spinners, Fiber, Yarn, classes and, Oh, just everything to do with yarn. I can't wait!

2 Comments:

Blogger punkychewster said...

ooh i've always wanted to go to the biltmore estate! it seems like so much fun! i didn't know they had crafty events and classes too!

10:16 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

They do have an amazing fiber community all over Western NC. The Fiber Crawl for the July retreat involves many farms, shops and other fiber related businesses, just around Asheville!

8:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home