<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.rainydaystitches.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Angelarae Knits: God At Work

Angelarae Knits

...and Crochets

My Photo
Name:
Location: Raleigh, NC, United States

Hello! Welcome to my Blog! I live and enjoy the fibery crafts here, in Raleigh, NC with my husband and 5 children! I love to share patterns, tips, and recipes along with my spinning from time to time. I hope you'll enjoy your time here and stick around a bit!

Wednesday, June 01, 2011

God At Work

I think, when an event happens that is directly in our favor as artists, we have two choices. We can either dismiss it as coincidence or we can look at it as God working in our favor. I believe it is often easier to dismiss as coincidence. Why? Maybe because, if we accept it as God giving us what we really want, and here it is, now we have it, the ball is suddenly in our court. Now, we have to do something, put ourselves out there, create something....in my case, write a pattern. All be it, one that has been in my head for many months now, but still. I am now responsible for the outcome. I now have to do whatever is in my power to realize my dream, to the best of my ability, and watch it all unfold.
I saw a call for submissions yesterday almost written for an object that has been brewing in my head for sometime now, two actually. And these aren't things that you can write the pattern and be done. There are complications. It is almost as if God said, "Ok, here you go Angie. Now make your designs." And the deadline is sooner than I'd like, but I am doing it. I spent most of the day yesterday working on it and guess what? It's flowing nicely, almost like it is meant to be.
Do you think I am full of myself? Or, that I think I am so special that God is doing something for me? No. I don't think that what God does for me is any more than He will do or has done for anyone else. I think our desire to create, whatever that might be, music, paintings, sculptures, et al, comes from God. It is the part of him that we were given. He is the Great Creator, and we are his children. We love to create, as he does. I think He loves for us to create and opens doors to allow us to do so, and I know He is glorified when we do it well.
So, I am writing my pattern. It is going to be as perfect as I can make it and I am going to submit it with hopes it will be published. If it isn't, no matter. The process will be complete. My piece will be out there. My vision will be realized and, hopefully, God will be pleased.

1 Comments:

Blogger punkychewster said...

Hi again! I think you are absolutely right about the ball in your court. Most often than not, we make our own stumbling blocks. I always think I am not good enough but then when i try out a craft, it's not so bad after all.

I'm not particularly religious, but i believe that when you have been given a talent, you should use it. A fellow etsy seller once said,

"I wake up, and my hands are there, waiting to help me with anything I need."

Now go forth and create!

xx

7:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home