<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.rainydaystitches.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Angelarae Knits: Pure Fun

Angelarae Knits

...and Crochets

My Photo
Name:
Location: Raleigh, NC, United States

Hello! Welcome to my Blog! I live and enjoy the fibery crafts here, in Raleigh, NC with my husband and 5 children! I love to share patterns, tips, and recipes along with my spinning from time to time. I hope you'll enjoy your time here and stick around a bit!

Monday, May 30, 2011

Pure Fun




This is an afghan I have started for William. I don't think he's figured out that what I am working on is for him. We are remodeling his room and I thought a new afghan, just for him, would be a nice addition to the decor. The pattern is from Bernat's Pattern Library and is called 'Worsted Afghan, or Afghan #3663.' I think they could have come up with a better name for the pattern. There are 24 projects for this item on Ravelry and many people are calling it 'honeycomb,' and a few others 'diamond.' It resembles a knitted slip stitch pattern, to me. I am basically working it with scraps of Red Heart Super Saver, so now it looks like stained glass.
It is really nice to have a project like this that is easy to memorize and I can enjoy working on from time to time. It is a nice break from the brain work and number crunching of design.
The jury is still out on the kind of designer I am. I think 'organic' and 'analytical' both have a place in my process. Ellen Gormley has an great piece about this on her blog, along with another article about mistakes designers say they will never make again. I really appreciate her concern for those of us who are trying to find our way into the design world. Thank you, Ellen:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home