<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.rainydaystitches.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Angelarae Knits: Blocked

Angelarae Knits

...and Crochets

My Photo
Name:
Location: Raleigh, NC, United States

Hello! Welcome to my Blog! I live and enjoy the fibery crafts here, in Raleigh, NC with my husband and 5 children! I love to share patterns, tips, and recipes along with my spinning from time to time. I hope you'll enjoy your time here and stick around a bit!

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Blocked



I was reading the Artist's Way this morning and something Julia Cameron wrote hit me like a ton of bricks. She asked this question: "What would I do if I didn't have to do it perfectly? Answer: A great deal more than I am." Wow. My forehead has a bullseye because I am truely a perfectionist when it comes to my knitting and crocheting. I have written quite a bit here about my creative process and beginning to take my work seriously by keeping a design notebook and beginning to submit my ideas. I believe that the reason I don't sometimes is due to my internal critic and my perfectionist leanings. My perfectionist says things like, "No one will pay money for that (pattern), it's too simple." or "That idea was so easy to come up with, it will never sell?" or "You can't submit this pattern to a publisher, you can't work out these decreases and you don't have a chart ready." It isn't perfect, it isn't perfect, it isn't as perfect as you can make it. It isn't good enough. Wow.

So, what would I try if I didn't have to do it perfectly?



pottery

stained glass

painting

soccer

dancing

canning

entarsia

soap making

sewing

hairpin lace

delta lace

more faire isle knitting

learn to shoot video

figure skating

decorating

spinning with a wheel



Where would I go with my knitting/crochet if I didn't have to do it perfectly? Hmmm....I'd submit many of my ideas for designs. Finished or not. Sketches, swatches and a summary are often all that are required. I'd blog a lot more. I'd write much more.

What would you do, if you didn't have to do it perfectly?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home