<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.rainydaystitches.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Angelarae Knits: A Crochet Project - Granny Square Slippers

Angelarae Knits

...and Crochets

My Photo
Name:
Location: Raleigh, NC, United States

Hello! Welcome to my Blog! I live and enjoy the fibery crafts here, in Raleigh, NC with my husband and 5 children! I love to share patterns, tips, and recipes along with my spinning from time to time. I hope you'll enjoy your time here and stick around a bit!

Tuesday, December 01, 2009

A Crochet Project - Granny Square Slippers


I cut my teeth with yarn projects teaching myself to crochet. My Nanny taught me to chain with a hook at the same time she taught me to knit. I didn't pick it up again until several years later. I taught myself with one of the Coats and Clark how-to pamphlets. I made lots of dishcloths and some pineapple doilies. I have also made some amigurumi projects. When I saw these slippers at Purlbee, I had to try them! This is a pretty simple pattern, especially if you already know how to make granny squares. If you don't know how, that's no problem either, because Purlbee has a great granny square tutorial. I had to go down a hook size to get the correct guage. Gauge is very important for these, because even a 1/4 inch difference in square size will make a much larger slipper. I hooked these for my Mom's birthday gift. They were a perfect choice because she loves bright, cheerul color.
Here are the specs:
Pattern: 'Granny Square Slippers' from Purlbee
Yarn: Red Heart Super Saver: Turqua, Cornmeal and Soft White
Hook: Size F
Size Made: Women's 7-9 1/2 US

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are adorable! And I love those colors.

4:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We made these as kids but the bottom square was one big square instead of 4 small squares.
Wonderful memory, thanks!
K in NC

8:23 PM  
Blogger Lizzie Barbie said...

Im thinking about making some of this!

2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home