<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.rainydaystitches.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Angelarae Knits: Pinwheels

Angelarae Knits

...and Crochets

My Photo
Name:
Location: Raleigh, NC, United States

Hello! Welcome to my Blog! I live and enjoy the fibery crafts here, in Raleigh, NC with my husband and 5 children! I love to share patterns, tips, and recipes along with my spinning from time to time. I hope you'll enjoy your time here and stick around a bit!

Thursday, November 04, 2010

Pinwheels


A gray day, sunday morning, just before church. I took this picture regardless of the poor lighting because I knew if I didn't take it before giving it away, I'd never get a shot. This project was a bear for me as I did not think through how much time it was going to take me to block each piece, and then each strip and then the whole blanket as it was completed. I have a new and healthy relationship with my steam iron. It has been a great time saver for this project. The hexagons have a tendency to curl. I think the result is very much worth the effort though. I also want to say that I really did like working with this yarn. It was not splitty in the least, and it is soft and the color worked well for this project. The blanket has a slightly heavy, sturdy feel but is very soft, which I think is important for a baby.

Looked for a more interesting edging, but in the end, went with something simple due to time restraints.

The Edging is SC around with (SC 2, ch1, SC2) in the corners of each hex and sc 2 in each hex ch3 spcs. (There will be some where the hex’s are joined along the straight edges of the piece). Then HDC around with (hdc,ch2,hdc) in each hex corner around. Came out nice:)

More Specs:

Project: 'Pinwheels' From Leisure Arts Make One For Baby by Carol Rutter Tippet.

Yarn: Loops and Threads 'Snuggly Wuggly Baby Sport' from Michael's

Hook: Clover Soft Touch, size F

2 Comments:

Blogger Lizzie Barbie said...

This is just a lovely throw!!! :)

2:00 PM  
Blogger Ferretkingdom said...

Beautiful! I made this same blanket for my nephew, but did it in a pastel green and blue multicolor yarn. I think each pinwheel took me about an hour to make, then it took me a total of about 10 hours to sew it all together! It was time consuming, but beautiful. Sadly, I've lost the booklet the pattern was in.

10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home