<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.rainydaystitches.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Angelarae Knits: Tam Times Two

Angelarae Knits

...and Crochets

My Photo
Name:
Location: Raleigh, NC, United States

Hello! Welcome to my Blog! I live and enjoy the fibery crafts here, in Raleigh, NC with my husband and 5 children! I love to share patterns, tips, and recipes along with my spinning from time to time. I hope you'll enjoy your time here and stick around a bit!

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Tam Times Two


Would someone please tell me why I thought I could knit a tam (albeit a lace tam) with only 123 yards of wool? Shouldn't I know better? Shouldn't alarms have gone off? I mean, I know the mistake I made...using Ravelry, I looked at several of the projects knit in Swish DK and, picked the first one listed. Under the category Yarn Used, the knitter entered 'Swish DK,' but under the How Much? listing, they entered '1 skein=110 yds,' so I foolishly thought, "Oh! Okay, so I need one skein of each color to knit two tams. Even though, the yarn amount actually needed was listed clear as day on the pattern page. Gheesh! Guess I'll have to order more yar...no,I'll have to wait a week to get paid, then order more yarn, then wait for said yarn to arrive, then finish the hats. I have only myself to blame. Hopefully, I'll have enough common sense to order another skein of *each* color when that time arrives. (228 yards is the magic number needed, by the way)

1 Comments:

Blogger Life's a Stitch said...

Oh darn. If it helps, it will be a pretty hat. Eventually ;-)

11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home