<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.rainydaystitches.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Angelarae Knits: Yate's Mill Pond

Angelarae Knits

...and Crochets

My Photo
Name:
Location: Raleigh, NC, United States

Hello! Welcome to my Blog! I live and enjoy the fibery crafts here, in Raleigh, NC with my husband and 5 children! I love to share patterns, tips, and recipes along with my spinning from time to time. I hope you'll enjoy your time here and stick around a bit!

Monday, September 21, 2009

Yate's Mill Pond

This is Yates Mill Pond in Raleigh, NC. It has been restored to working condition and there is a nice little park area, complete with nature trails and a museum with artifacts and history of the Mill and the people who were caretakers in the late 18 and early 1900's. My friend, Becky and I went with our kids, a few Saturday's ago, to visit and hang out with the girls. I like this picture.











This is a millstone, used to grind corn into flour. I think that farmers brought wheat and barley here to be ground, as well. It's amazing the number of phrases, regularly used in the English language, that have their origin in Milling and Millstones. 'Fair to midlin,' refers to the grind of the corn, 'run of the mill,' and 'keep your nose to the grindstone,' are just a few of many more. If you know more, post them here!

Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home