<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.rainydaystitches.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Angelarae Knits: Amazing Space

Angelarae Knits

...and Crochets

My Photo
Name:
Location: Raleigh, NC, United States

Hello! Welcome to my Blog! I live and enjoy the fibery crafts here, in Raleigh, NC with my husband and 5 children! I love to share patterns, tips, and recipes along with my spinning from time to time. I hope you'll enjoy your time here and stick around a bit!

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Amazing Space


As part of the Amazing Space event Somerset House, England, participants produced a knitted house. Passers-by were encouraged to participate in it's construction and were provided rocking chairs and various sundry materials to knit with, including nylon cord, grocery bags, duct tape and more, as well as broom sticks or any other large object to effect knitting needles. Awesome!!! The link is here, and displays 2 photo galleries of the project's progression, a list of participants with bio's and, you guessed it, a pattern, so you may make your very own.

Here, workers create knitted flowers for the window box. My favorite are the pom-pom mums. Ingenious!






I showed my photo of the finished architectural wonder to my daughter, Katie. Her eyes widened as she held the picture closer for a more detailed inspection and exclaimed, "Is that a knitted house?! You people are crazy!

Quite right!

Ang

4 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

Ilove it! What a great idea!!

2:50 PM  
Blogger AuntieAnn said...

And to think I have been knitting mundane things like socks, hats, scarves and sweaters.

11:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe it, I really, really can't! How cool is that?! And it just goes to prove, as always, that I'm living in the totally wrong part of the world ;) How cool would it have been to join? Amazing!

5:38 AM  
Blogger hakucho said...

That house is so cool. Amazing what some people think to do. Thanks for showing us. Last week on the home and garden network we saw a person who knitted cozies for all her food in her refrigerator! Also made a bumper cover for a truck. I tried googling to find more info. No luck. I love seeing unusal knitted things!
Happy knitting :)
( and I might add I'm glad you have your own connection now!)

5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home