<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.rainydaystitches.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Angelarae Knits: Rain, Rain Go Away...

Angelarae Knits

...and Crochets

My Photo
Name:
Location: Raleigh, NC, United States

Hello! Welcome to my Blog! I live and enjoy the fibery crafts here, in Raleigh, NC with my husband and 5 children! I love to share patterns, tips, and recipes along with my spinning from time to time. I hope you'll enjoy your time here and stick around a bit!

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Rain, Rain Go Away...

This was the picture in alot of low lying areas in Raleigh yesterday, courtesy of tropical storm 'Alberto.' We received almost 8 inches of rain between 4:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. By this morning, though, most of the waters had receded and our streets and sidewalks were already drying-up. This kind of flash flooding can be very dangerous. We were lucky to have only one death. I and my family managed to stay dry be staying home. I think alot of people went that route, because there were several closings.

I went to Mom's today to help her with my Nanny(She's 86) so she could have a day out. Nanny will listen to me for hours about my knitting. Then
again, she's kindof a captive audience, she can't move anywhere very quickly! (Did I mention that she is the one who taught me to knit?) I am working on some pics of her so that I can show them to you. I also have some of the Father's Day socks. I'll try to get them up tomorrow.

Hope all of you have a great Friday and rest of the weekend!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gosh, I can't believe how much rain Raleigh got - I had read about Alberto heading your way, but wasn't aware that it's that tough! There must have been an immense lot of damage done, no? I'm so glad that you're safe and have my fingers crossed that you'll get much nicer weather soon!
Your Nanny sounds like such a lovely person indeed, and what a good job she did teaching you knitting!

12:47 AM  
Blogger AuntieAnn said...

Glad the storm didn't do too much damage -- looking forward to pix of your Nanny.

9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home