<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.rainydaystitches.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Angelarae Knits: Tunisian Lace, Part II

Angelarae Knits

...and Crochets

My Photo
Name:
Location: Raleigh, NC, United States

Hello! Welcome to my Blog! I live and enjoy the fibery crafts here, in Raleigh, NC with my husband and 5 children! I love to share patterns, tips, and recipes along with my spinning from time to time. I hope you'll enjoy your time here and stick around a bit!

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Tunisian Lace, Part II

Spent some time with this book last week.
It's Kim Guzman's Learn To Do Tunisian Lace Stitches. What fun! I came to this book with a pretty good background in crochet and with a knowledge of basic tunisian stitches. I also have made a couple of projects in tunisian lace. Last year, I made Tara's Tunisian Scarf by Ellen Gormley for my mother's birthday and I also made a few dishcloths a couple weeks ago from a pattern I saw on Knitting Daily.
This week, I made a few more dish cloths for Mom, (she loves them) to go along with her Mother's Day gift.
This book includes a DVD, which featured Kim, demonstrating all the stitches used to make projects in this book.  It has been a blast to learn them along with helpful tips to improve my tunisian stitching.  Of course, all of the projects are lovely and I wanted to try every one of the stitch  patterns, but with other work and a busy family, I was constrained to two. Here they are:

stitch pattern number 8, the white cloth, and stitch pattern number 10 in pink.  Please note that I went down a couple hook sizes. I used a size H tunisian hook because that's what I had. Really, a larger hook is called for when using worsted yarn and making lace.  Still, Mom says they are too pretty to was dishes with, and I have to agree with her.  Maybe she can use them as trivets?

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger punkychewster said...

You can crochet little versions of these. I can see them hanging on Christmas trees! Am i really thinking about Christmas already???

8:24 PM  
Blogger hakucho said...

Pretty stitches! Have fun trying them all out :)

6:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home