<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.rainydaystitches.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Angelarae Knits: Tunisian Lace

Angelarae Knits

...and Crochets

My Photo
Name:
Location: Raleigh, NC, United States

Hello! Welcome to my Blog! I live and enjoy the fibery crafts here, in Raleigh, NC with my husband and 5 children! I love to share patterns, tips, and recipes along with my spinning from time to time. I hope you'll enjoy your time here and stick around a bit!

Monday, April 23, 2012

Tunisian Lace

I like to try out new stitch patterns with cotton yarn, making a dishcloth. I am making a good size swatch, and have something useful, in the end.  Here's a tunisian lace stitch I wanted to try.  It works well as a dishcloth, so I made it in 2 colors.
,
It's a pretty simple pattern. Kristen Omdahl demonstrated it on Knitting Daily, but there is no video available, so I've written it up, as best I can. Please comment if it isn't clear. I am assuming some knowledge of Tunisian crochet.  I used a size J-10 Tunisian crochet hook and Peaches and Cream solids yarn.
Ch. 25
1.Draw up a loop in 2nd ch from hook and in each chain across (forward pass).
2.Yo and draw through one loop on hook. [YO and
through 2 loops]; across. (return pass)
3.[Yo, skip one stitch, pick up a loop in next stitch]; across
4.Repeat row 2 (RP)
5.[pick up a loop in next yo space, pick up a loop in next stitch];across.
6. Return pass (row 2)
Repeat rows 3-6 until piece is desired length.

*Here's a pretty good video to get you started in Tunisian Crochet, in case you've never tried it.  You can practice with a regular crochet hook as long as you don't use too many stitches!

I just ordered Kim Guzman's book on Tunisian Lace Crochet.  It looks fabulous, and includes a DVD. I can't wait to get it!




Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Vashti Braha said...

Looks like an interesting lace texture, thanks for blogging about it!

4:28 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

Thanks so much, Vashti!

4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home