<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.rainydaystitches.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Angelarae Knits: Two of Many First's

Angelarae Knits

...and Crochets

My Photo
Name:
Location: Raleigh, NC, United States

Hello! Welcome to my Blog! I live and enjoy the fibery crafts here, in Raleigh, NC with my husband and 5 children! I love to share patterns, tips, and recipes along with my spinning from time to time. I hope you'll enjoy your time here and stick around a bit!

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Two of Many First's

Specifically, this is my first time knitting with anything Rowan as well as my first time knitting with mohair. The yarn is Rowan Kidsilk Haze, color 582/Trance. I have wanted to knit something with it ever since I read about it in Leigh Radford's 'One Skein.'

The pattern is from 'One Skein Wonders: 101 Yarn Shop Favorites,' by Judith Durant. There are instructions for adding beads, but I don't understand them. Maybe one of you can help me with that. The rest is super easy. Hope I can finish this by Sunday.

5 Comments:

Blogger sgeddes said...

Looks lovely. I see why they call it Haze. I really like the color. I'm interested to see what it will become. I haven't seen the book yet.

6:39 PM  
Blogger alltangledup said...

it's a lovely yarn to wear but a right old pain to knit with if you have to rip back. It looks great though, can't wait to see the finished results

7:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oy - I'm afraid I'm of no help concerning the beads, haven't ever worked with that - but you'll get a lot of help from the ladies here, that's for sure!
I love working with mohair occasionally - wouldn't enjoy it always, but for a change it's so great - and your project is already looking so soft and fluffy that I want to dive right into it!

12:58 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I love the colour. KSH is one of my favourite Rowan Yarns, as a little goes a long way.

I usually put beads on as follows:
First of all thread all the beads that you'll need on to the wool (this can be done by finding a needle small enough to go through the beads, threading sewing cotton through, and tying in a loop. Then thread the wool through this loop of sewing cotton and start threading beads).

To place a bead in the knitting, simply bring the yarn to the front, push a bead down close to the knitting, slip a stitch purlwise and bring the yarn to the back of the work again. You are effectively wrapping the bead round a slipped stitch.

I hope that makes some sort of sense!

1:38 PM  
Blogger hakucho said...

Very pretty color and yarn! It looks very delicate. I have never knit with mohair, but it certainly looks nice to knit with :)

happy knitting :)

6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home