<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.rainydaystitches.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Angelarae Knits

Angelarae Knits

...and Crochets

My Photo
Name:
Location: Raleigh, NC, United States

Hello! Welcome to my Blog! I live and enjoy the fibery crafts here, in Raleigh, NC with my husband and 5 children! I love to share patterns, tips, and recipes along with my spinning from time to time. I hope you'll enjoy your time here and stick around a bit!

Friday, April 14, 2006

Knitting in the bathroom... again

I went to my local yarn shop yesterday in search of a nice Spring colorway for a pair of socks which shall be hereafter referred to as 'Mother's Day Socks,' as I intend to give them to my mother for mother's day. In light of the fact that she refused a nice dish cloth that I knitted for her new kitchen with the exclamation, "That's too nice to wash dishes with," I asked her if she would actually wear a pair of socks should I knit them for her. She said she would so here they are on the needles. The yarn is one of my favorites, Lana Grossa Meilenweit Fantasy in colorway 4820. I love everything about this yarn. The patterns are so nice, the colors are fabulous and you can knit a pair from one 100g ball.

My husband is a brain turmor survivor and normal lighting bother's his eyes so that when I want to enjoy the pleasant colorway of my sock yarns, I sometimes knit in the bathroom, the only room in the house where the light is not dim, or outside on sunny days like today.


Here I am outside now. I am knitting while I ignore watch Emma and her friend Jackie play. I think this is a better picture of this yarn. Daylight is definitely more flattering than my bathroom at any rate.




Here are Emma and her little friend helping me knit garden. Aren't they precious? Notice the plant flattened by my kitty, Boo. My plants are always his favorite place to nap.



With all their hard work, the girls found time to pick some flowers for me. Aren't they pretty? The large white one is a rhododendron.

4 Comments:

Blogger Emma said...

Beautiful colors in that yarn. Hope Mom likes them!

12:20 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Just out of curiosity, did you ever find Kelly?

That's nice sock wool, by the way. :-)

12:21 AM  
Blogger Angela said...

I never did find Kelly. Working on a new doll. As soon as I finish it, I'm sure Kelly will show up. Honestly, I've turned my house and cars upside down!

Sigh.....

angelare

5:59 PM  
Blogger Ringerike Husflidslag said...

Gorgeous yarn! I'm sure it will make great socks :-)

3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home