<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.rainydaystitches.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Angelarae Knits

Angelarae Knits

...and Crochets

My Photo
Name:
Location: Raleigh, NC, United States

Hello! Welcome to my Blog! I live and enjoy the fibery crafts here, in Raleigh, NC with my husband and 5 children! I love to share patterns, tips, and recipes along with my spinning from time to time. I hope you'll enjoy your time here and stick around a bit!

Saturday, February 04, 2006




Johannes Vermeer "A Lady Writing" Oil on Canvas

I have written and rewritten this post 4 times, so please forgive my frustration; inspiration is waning. I am writing to apologize for neglecting you all of late. I have been mothering sick children, keeping doctor appointments, and recovering from a bug myself. I have not posted to either of my blogs in more than a week and have been cranky as a result. But I have learned a very valuable lesson. Not only am I a knitter, (let’s face it, I’m obsessed) I am also a writer. Just as I am thrown into a state of intense fear and desperation having left my knitting behind on a short trip to the store, when I neglect my writing, I am not myself. Writing, as knitting, completes me and gives me purpose. Not that the children and husband mentioned above do not, but the writing and knitting are for me. I need them. Just as I put a little of myself into each stitch that I knit, so too do I write from the locus of my feelings and intuitions. Both are personal. Knitting and writing go together. Why? Because they are both spiritual activities. Simple as that. Read through the hundreds of knitting blogs on the web if you don’t believe me. I have found some wonderful writing there. So, I am renewing my commitment to writing and will, from this time forward, think twice before putting off posts to my blogs. Also, I am looking for a ball of black yarn that I know I had in my lap two seconds ago....anyone?? Ang

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home