<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.rainydaystitches.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Angelarae Knits

Angelarae Knits

...and Crochets

My Photo
Name:
Location: Raleigh, NC, United States

Hello! Welcome to my Blog! I live and enjoy the fibery crafts here, in Raleigh, NC with my husband and 5 children! I love to share patterns, tips, and recipes along with my spinning from time to time. I hope you'll enjoy your time here and stick around a bit!

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Review

The Stitch 'N Bitch Knitter's Design Journal by Debbie Stoller

I purchased this little gem with a $25 gift card my dear knitting friend gave to me for Christmas. When I inspected it at the bookstore, I was immediately sold upon discovering graph paper design pages with models in undies to help you design your piece for varying body-types. Paydirt! I began to imagine myself designing hot sweaters and making my *next* million as a knitting designer! (Hello, Vicki Howell) But as I eagerly thumbed through several pages on my way to the cash register, I realized that this little notebook had much more to offer than a jumping-off point for my dreams of an artistically fulfilled lifestyle. There were places to keep detailed notes on: my yarn stash (The Family Jewels), projects that I want to knit in the future (Knit Fast, Dye Young) and Measurements for Friends and Family. I through my money down for this one, Ladies! (okay, gift card). I simply keep it in my knit bag and all that important information is always with me, in case (in case, Ha!) I happen to come across a pattern I just* have *to buy yarn for! There are also handy charts for size-based yarn estimates, yarn weights, standard body and hat measurements and a nifty little chart to keep track of the types and sizes of knitting needles you have accumulated. ( Was that a size 6, 16" circular, or 24" circular?- so far, I have 3 size 6, 29" circulars because I always think I *don't* have a set) All my needles are now catalogued and I know exactly what I do and don't have! To top things off, there is a pocket on the inside cover with a Knitting Needle Gauge and Ruler, both U.S. and metric. I can't think of anything Ms. Stoller left out, except maybe a few time management tips for getting in that needed extra few minutes of Kntting Nirvana. Total Thumbs up for the Stitch 'N Bitch Journal!

Maybe I can fit in an extra 5 minutes between cooking my family dinner and helping my 2nd grader with next semester's homework? Hmmm:)
Ang

2 Comments:

Blogger knitheaven said...

great review of the S 'n B journal. i will definitely have to check it out!!

9:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi!
I already wrote you this, but since you fixed your comment section, I'll write here too:)...I think this is a great review! Makes me want to run right out and buy the SnB Design Journal.

11:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home