<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.rainydaystitches.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Angelarae Knits

Angelarae Knits

...and Crochets

My Photo
Name:
Location: Raleigh, NC, United States

Hello! Welcome to my Blog! I live and enjoy the fibery crafts here, in Raleigh, NC with my husband and 5 children! I love to share patterns, tips, and recipes along with my spinning from time to time. I hope you'll enjoy your time here and stick around a bit!

Sunday, February 19, 2006


Well, it has been a long weekend. My children had 'early release' Friday (early relief day, as my 8 yr-old calls it) so my weekend started that afternoon. I finished a baby sweater I have been working on and started a new set of suede booties to go with it. They are the ones from 'Candy Tots.' Very cute. Can I enjoy the fruits of my labor and bask in the pleasure of another project finished and finished well? Appearently not. What follows is a telephone conversation I had with my damn dear sister not 10 minutes ago:

Becky(Sis): I just logged onto your blog but there was nothing new to read.

Me: Oh yeah, I'm sorry I haven't posted this weekend. It's been kinda busy.

Becky: So how is your project going?

Me: Project? What project?

Becky: (her voice has a little edge to it)You know, your Olympic project? The only one you are supposed to be working on?!

Me: Oh, that project, yes, it's coming along nicely and I finished that other one you were admonishing me for yesterday, you know, the baby sweater.

Becky: Isn't part of the Olympics supposed to be focus?(????)Shouldn't you be putting all your best efforts into the bag you are making for the games?

Me: I guess that's a good point. But I'm nearly halfway done with my Olympic project so I shouldn't have any problem finishing it.

Becky: You're going to be rushing to get it done at the last minute, I just know it.

Me: Okay, I get the point.

Becky: Blah, blah, blah, yahda, yahda, yahda...

And so on, and so on, and so forth...you get the idea>:(

So I have been sufficiently chastened for my wayward behavior. I need to be more 'focused' and press on to the goal of a lovely felted fair isles bag completed by the end of the winter games. And I will...just as soon as I finsh the lovely suede booties I cast on tonight. After all, I have until...ugh!!!I just looked at yarnharlot's cursed knitting olympics counter and now realize that I do not have as much time as I thought-6 days, 17hrs, 9 mins, 21 seconds. No kidding, I've got to get on this thing. The booties will have to wait!

Oh, by the way, you may not hear from me for a few days!

Ang

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home